From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A merchant name retained.
Gamage (IX-227) was launched as William B. Allison under Maritime Commission contract by California Ship Building Corp., Los Angeles, Calif., 8 March 1943. She was acquired by the Navy and renamed Gamage 30 July 1945 for use as floating storage for lubricants and drummed petroleum products at Ulithi. She was placed out of service 8 February 1946 and returned to WSA 5 April. She was sold to China Merchants & Engineers, Inc. 19 February 1948.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)