From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Belusan, a 200-ton gunboat, was captured in the Philippines in 1898 but never commissioned.
(IX-187: dp. 8537; l. 517'6"; b. 64'; dr. 28'4"; s. 10.5 k.; cpl. 70; a. 1 4", 2 3")
The first Belusan (IX-187), a tanker, was built in 1920 by Howaldtswerke, Kiel, Germany, as Vistula: bare-boat chartered from the War Shipping Administration; taken over at Brisbane, Australia, 11 February 1945; and commissioned 14 February 1945, Lieutenant Commander W. C. Allen in command.
Attached to Service Force, 7th Fleet, Belusan served as a shuttle tanker in Australian waters until departing 1 April for Humboldt Bay New Guinea, and Subic Bay, Luzon. She arrived at Subic Bay 24 April and moved to Manila Bay 5 May. On 17 August she carried a cargo of gasoline to Lingayen Gulf. After stripping at Cavite Navy Yard and Subic Bay (10 November 1945-7 January 1946), she was decommissioned 7 January at Subic Bay and returned to the War Shipping Administration the same day.