Lansdale (DD-766), a Gearing class destroyer was laid down 2 April 1944, by Bethlehem Steel Co., San Francisco Calif.; launched 20 December 1946; Sponsored by Mrs. Ethel S. Lansdale; and delivered 30 December in partially completed status to the 12th Naval district for berthing at Suisan Bay.
Lansdale saw no active service. In May 1956 she was towed to Long Beach Naval Shipyard where her bow was removed to replace the damaged bow of Floyd B. Parks (DD-884). Her name was struck from the naval register 9 June 1958.