(DD 334: dp. 1,190; 1. 314'5"; b. 31'8", dr. 9'3", s. 35 k.;cpl. 95; a. 4 4", 1 3", 12 21" tt.; cl. Clemson)
The first Corry (DD-334) was launched 28 March 1921 by Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp., San Francisco Calif.; sponsored by Mrs. S. W. Corry; commissioned 25 May 1921, Lieutenant Commander K. E. Hintze in command, and reported to the Pacific Fleet.
Corry cruised on the west coast on a varied operating schedule. She joined in fleet maneuvers cruises from Alaska to the Caribbean, development and tests of sonic depth finders, antiaircraft gunnery, aircraft rescue and plane guard rehearsals. In July 1923 she joined Hull (DD-330) to serve as escort for President W G Harding embarked in Henderson (AP-1) for a cruise to Alaskan and Canadian waters. She rejoined her division to participate in the American Legion convention at San Francisco in October 1923. On 8-9 September 1924 she embarked Secretary of the Navy C. D. Wilbur for a visit to Mare Island Navy Yard. From 28 August to 9 September 1925 she served as station ship during nonstop airplane flight from Hawaii to San Francisco.
In December 1929 Corry entered the San Diego Destroyer Base to prepare for decommissioning. She was towed to Mare Island Navy Yard and decommissioned 24 April 1930. She was stripped and sold for salvage 18 October 1930 in accordance with the terms of the London Treaty for the limitation of naval armament.