(DD-328:dp.1190; l.314'5"; b.31'8"; dr.9'3"; s.35k.; cpl.95: a. 4 4", 1 3", 12 21" tt.; cl. Clemson )
The second Lamson (DD 328) was Iaid down 13 August 1919 by Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp., San Francisco Calif., Iaunched 1 September 1920, sponsored by Miss Annette Rolph; and commissioned 19 April 1921, Lt. Comdr. F. L. Johnston in command.
After shakedown, Lamson was assigned to the Atlantic Fleet, arriving Charleston, S.C., 28 December 1921. From 1921 to 1925, the destroyer operated along the east coast and in the Caribbean, participating in fleet maneuvers, war games, and reserve training cruises. Although this period was free of major international crises, the American Navy made great technological advances to maintain its superiority on the seas.
Assigned to the U.S. Naval Forces in Europe, Lamson departed Boston 18 June 1925 for operations in European and Mediterranean waters. Returning to the United States 1 year later, Lamson rejoined the Scouting Fleet and resumed exercises and maneuvers along the Atlantic coast and in the Caribbean. The destroyer continued these operations until she decommissioned at Philadelphia 1 May 1930 Lamson was sold 17 January 1931 to Boston Iron & Metal Co., Baltimore, Md., and scrapped 18 October 1934.