(DD-268: dp. 1,215; 1. 314' 2''; b. 30' 11 1/2'' dr. 9'4" s. 34.7 k.; cpl. 122; a. 4 4", 1 3", 12 21" tt.; cl. Clemson)
The third Shubrick (DD-268) was laid down on 3 June 1918 by the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp., Squantum, Mass.; launched on 31 December 1918 sponsored by Mrs. Thomas A. Bayard, granddaughter of Rear Admiral Shubrick; and commissioned on 3 July 1919, Lt. Comdr. C. H. Boucher in command.
After shakedown out of Newport, Shubrick departed New York on 27 October 1919, carrying currency and diplomatic representatives to Port au Prince, Haiti. After completing this mission on 31 October, she continued to the west coast, where she arrived on 27 November. On arrival at San Diego, she joined a reserve destroyer division, and, after conducting infrequent exercises off San Diego, Shubrick was decommissioned on 8 June 1922.
Shubrick was recommissioned on 18 December 1939 at San Diego, shortly after the outbreak of World War II. She refitted at Mare Island from 26 February to 16 March 1940 and departed San Diego for the Atlantic on 22 March. She was stationed in the Caribbean until 29 June, and formed part of the West Gulf Patrol from 13 to 22 May. From 2 July to 30 August, she trained Naval Reservists from Miami, Boston, and New York. She then underwent repairs at New York and Norfolk and departed the latter port on 6 November for Halifax Nova Scotia. She arrived at Halifax on 21 November, was decommissioned on 26 November, and simultaneously commissioned in the British Navy as HMS Ripley. Shubrick was struck from the Navy list on 8 January 1941. HMS Ripley served on North Atlantic convoy routes until placed in reserve in January 1944. She was scrapped on 20 March 1945 at Sunderland, England.