(DD-20: dp. 700; 1. 293'10"; b. 26'6"; dr. 8'; s. 28 k.; cpl. 86; a. 6 3", 3 18" tt.; cl. Smith)
The second Flusser (DD-20) was launched 20 July 1909 by Bath Iron Works, Bath, Maine; sponsored by Miss Genevieve Virden, grand-niece of Lieutenant Commander Flusser; and commissioned 28 October 1909 Lieutenant Commander J. P. Morton in command.
Flusser arrived at Charleston, her home port, 17 December 1909, and began her participation in the regular operating schedule of the Atlantic Torpedo Fleet, an organization many times redesignated in the years that followed. She cruised from the Caribbean to the coast of New England until August 1916, when she began neutrality patrols off New York and in Long Island Sound.
After a repair period at New Orleans early in 1917, Flusser had escort duty on the east coast until 30 July 1917 when she departed Charleston for 2 months of ocean escort and patrol duty based on Ponta Delgada, Azores. She had similar duty out of Brest, France, operating across the English Channel between 22 October 1917 and 9 December 1918, returning to Charleston 31 December. She was decommissioned at Philadelphia 14 July 1919, and sold 21 November 1919.