From: Dictionary of
American Naval Fighting Ships
A river in Ohio entering Lake Erie at Cleveland.
YX-21: dp. 200; l. 125'; b. 23'4"; dr. 6'10"; s.
Cuyahoga was built
in 1927 in Camden, N.J.; transferred
from the Coast Guard 29 May 1933, and commissioned 1 April 1935, Chief
Boatswain J. H. Kevers in command.
On 27 July 1935, Cuyahoga
was placed in an "in service" status as YX 21 and operated as tender
and escort for the Presidential yacht. Redesignated
AG-26, 30 November 1937, she remained in the Potomac and Chesapeake Bay until
17 May 1941 when she was placed out of service and returned to the Coast Guard
the same day.
Transcribed by: Bill