From: Dictionary of
American Naval Fighting Ships
Etawina is an
Otchipwe Indian word meaning "both sides of the body."
Etawina (YTB-543) was launched by the
Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., Morris Heights, N.Y., on 11 June 1945 and
completed in November of that year. She
was placed in service in the 1st Naval District remaining there until placed in
reserve status in March 1946. She
returned to active duty in January 1951, rendering her tug services in the 6th
Naval District to the present time.
Transcribed by: Bill