From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
A former Indian village in Pennsylvania.
Connewango was authorized as YT 388, but reclassified YTB-388
on 15 May 1944 prior to launching by the Consolidated Shipbuilding
Corp., Morris Heights, N.Y., on 29 July of that year. Completed in
November, she was assigned to the 3d Naval District where she
performcd patrol and towing duties. In 1946 she was transferred to
the 6th Naval District where she continues on active duty.
Transcribed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
HTML by: email@example.com
Date: 18 Oct 1998