From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
(YT - 45: l. 80'9"; b. 21'; dr. 8'7"; cpl. 10)
James Wooley was built in 1899 by Lockwood Manufacturing Co., East Boston, Mass. She was purchased in 1918 from Commercial Towboat Co., and assigned to the 1st Naval District as a service craft. James Wooley operated in this area for the duration of her service. She decommissioned 11 April 1932, and was struck from the Navy Register 22 July 1936.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)