From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Variant spelling of the name of an Indian
Chanagi was built as YT-380 by Gulfport Boiler and Welding Works, Port Arthur, Texas, under subcontract from General Motors and launched on 2 July 1944 as YTB-380. She was attached to Service Force, Pacific Fleet, prior to being placed in the Reserve Fleet in March 1946. She was placed in active service again in October 1957 and assigned to the 5th Naval District where she remains.
(Vol III, Errata)
Transcribed by: email@example.com
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 3 Feb 1999