From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
An Indian word.
Chicomico built by Gulfport Boiler and Welding Works, Port Arthur, Texas, under subcontract from General Motors, was laid down as YT-378 and launched by General Motors Corp., on 10 June 1944 as YTB-378. She was assigned to Service Force, Pacific Fleet, prior to being placed in reserve in March 1946. She returned to active service in October 1957 performing her tug duties in the 6th Naval District where she remains.
(Vol III, Errata)