From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
A river in North Carolina.
The second Catawba (YT-32), ex-Howard Greene (renamed 20 July 1920), served as a district tug at Washington from 1918 to 1922, at Norfolk from 1922 to 1933, and at Charleston from 1933 through 1946. On 26 December 1946, Catawba was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal.
Catawba (AT-68) was renamed Arapaho (q. v.) 5 August 1941, prior to her launching.
Transcribed by: email@example.com
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 6 Mar 1999