From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Two noble chiefs of the Winnebago tribe were so named.
Dekaury (YT-178) was built by Gibbs Gas Engine Co., Jacksonville, Fla., and placed in service early in 1943 in the 1st Naval District. She was reclassified YTB-178 on 15 May 1944 and in 1946 was transferred to the 12th Naval District to perform towing duties until September 1947 when she was placed in reserve. Dekaury returned to active service at Mare Island Naval Shipyard in September 1950 and is so employed today.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT