From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
(YT - 148: dp. 218; l. 100'0"; b. 25'0"; dr. 9'7" (f.); s. 12 k. (tl.); cpl. 12; cl. Woban)
Wenonah (YT-148), a harbor tug constructed during the winter of 1940 and 1941 at Morris Heights, N.Y., by the Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., was placed in service soon after her completion in June of 1941. Wenonah served in the 11th Naval District throughout her entire Navy career. She was initially based at San Diego; but, during her 33 years of service, she also operated at and visited various other ports on the California coast. On 15 May 1944, she was redesignated a large harbor tug with the hull designation, YTB-148. Some 18 years later, she again changed designation and became YTM-148, a medium harbor tug. In April 1974, she concluded her long career and went out of service. Her name was struck from the Navy list and she was sold for scrapping. The identity of her purchaser is unrecorded.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)