From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A Sioux Indian word meaning "fish".
(YT - 146: dp. 325; l. 100'; b. 25'; dr. 9'7")
Hoga (YT-146), a diesel-powered tug, was launched by Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., Morris Heights, N.Y., 31 December 1940; and placed in service 22 May 1941.
Hoga served during World War II as a harbor tug in the 14th Naval District, and was reclassified YTB-146 15 May 1944. She was loaned to the city of Okland [sic; Oakland], Calif. in June 1948, and serves at present as a harbor tug into 1967. She was reclassified YTM-146 on 1 February 1962.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)