From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
YT – 134: dp. 250; l. 100’0"; b. 26’0"; dr. 10’0"
Wahneta (YT-134) was laid down on 29 September 1938 at Mare Island Navy Yard, Vallejo, Calif., and launched at midnight on 3 May 1939 as tide conditions were most favorable then via an "aerial route." Large cranes hoisted her up from her building way, swung her out over the water, and then gently lowered her into the channel. Completed on 23 June 1939, and subsequently commissioned, Wahneta performed towing and fire-fighting duties in the busy 12th Naval District throughout World War II. During this service, she was redesignated YTM-134 on 15 May 1944. After the close of World War II, the yard craft was declared surplus to the Navy needs and was struck from the Navy list on 30 December 1946. She was transferred to the Maritime Commission on 2 June 1947 for disposal.
Transcribed by: Bill Mozingo, email@example.com