From: Dictionary of
American Naval Fighting Ships
YFB-58: t. 190; l. 84'11"; b. 26'2"; dr.
7'3"; a. none
Lacosta (YFB-58) was built in 1922 by Kyle
& Purdy, City Island, N.Y., and owned by the Department of Docks, New York
City. She was taken over 11 December
1944 as Fardham by WSA on bareboat charter. Acquired by the Navy 6 January 1845, she was assigned to the 3d
Naval District and placed in service as YFB - 8. Renamed Lacosta 13 March, she operated in New York Harbor
until 11 April 1946. She was placed out
of service 3 June and was returned to her former owner 19 June.
Transcribed by: Bill