From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
The second Dart (YFB-308), a ferry launch, was attached to the Mare Island Navy Yard from 1900 to 1930. She was employed as a ferry between the Navy Yard and Vallejo, Calif., and also as a stand-by fire boat. On 20 September 1930 she was transferred to the Department of Commerce.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT