From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, V. 6, 1976, pp. 423-424.
A lake in southwestern Maine, some 13 miles long and 10 miles wide.
(ScTug: t. 130; l. 99'; b. 21'; s. 12 k.; a. 1 6-pdr.; cpl. 22)
The second Sebago, a tug built in 1893 by John H. Dialogue and Son, Camden, N.J., was purchased for service during the Spanish-American War as Hortense from O'Connor and Smoot on 30 April 1898; renamed Tacoma; and placed in service in the 7th District of the Auxiliary Naval Force and based at Pensacola, Fla.
Renamed Sebago in January 1900 and designated YT-23 in July 1920, the harbor tug remained in service at various stations including Pensacola, Guantanamo Bay, Port Royal, Charleston, Norfolk, and Philadelphia, until struck from the Navy list on 3 December 1936. She was sold for scrapping on 25 January 1937 to B. J. Maier, Philadelphia, Pa.
Transcribed by Richard H. Bouchard.