From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
City of Lewes (No. 383) was built by W. G. Abbott, Milford, Del.; purchased by the Navy 18 May 1917; and commissioned 12 May 1917, Lieutenant J. S. Davis, USNR, in command.
City of Lewes sailed from Philadelphia 14 August 1917 and reached Brest, France, 18 September 1917. Following voyage repairs, she was assigned to patrol and escort duty. City of Lewes was decommissioned at Brest 8 September 1919 and sold abroad.