From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(Tug: t. 268; l. 120'6"; b. 27'; dph. 8'; s. 10 k.)
Glenville, a wooden ferry tug, was built in 1886 by Lawrence and Lolks of Brooklyn, N.Y., and was chartered by the Navy from Portchester Transportation Co., Portchester, N.Y. She was delivered at New York 10 April 1918.
Glenville performed general harbor duties in New York harbor and was used as a ferry between New York Navy Yard and Ellis Island until she was returned to her owners 11 September 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)