From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
East Boston, a ferryboat, was built in 1892 by Atlantic Works, East Boston, Mass.; purchased from the city of Boston 2 June 1898; and commissioned 5 July 1898, Lieutenant L. L. Reamey in command. The converted ferry served Boston Navy Yard until decommissioned 3 September 1898. She was sold at public auction 19 July 1899.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)