From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
(Tug: dp. 280; l. 81'1"; b. 20'; dr. 8'3"; s. 12 k.)
Dorothy Cullen (No. 2183), a tug, was acquired by the Navy on 9 September 1918, commissioned on 18 September 1918, Boatswain L. E. Dodd, USNRF, in command, and assigned to the 3d Naval District where she performed minesweeping and towing duties in the New York area. Dorothy Cullen was decommissioned on 21 October 1919 and sold.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)