From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
AT: dp. 492 l. 128'5" b. 25'2"
dr. 12'6" s. 14 k. cpl. 40 a. 1 x 3")
Chase S. Osborne , a tug, was built in 1906 by Johnston Bros., Ferrysburg, Mich.; purchased by the Navy 16 February 1918; commissioned at New York 16 April 1918; and assigned to the 5th Naval District.
Chase S. Osborne was assigned to general towing duties and repairing of targets with the service force, then known as Train, Atlantic Fleet, between May 1918 and July 1919. The remainder of her service was in the 5th Naval District and at the Naval Academy. Decommissioned at Norfolk 16 September 1920, Chase S. Osborne was sold 5 August 1921.
Transcribed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 15 Feb 1999