From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Tug: l. 77'7" b. 21'6"
dr. 10' s. 9 k. cpl. 11 a. 2 x 1-pdr.
Charles Mann (No. 552), a tug purchased by the Navy, was placed in commission on 7 June 1917, Chief Boatswain A. Lundgren, in command. Charles Mann was assigned to the 1st Naval District where she carried out patrol duty and conducted towing operations in the Boston area. She was decommissioned on 29 November 1919 and later sold.
Transcribed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 14 Feb 1999