From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
(ScTug: T. 103; a. 1 gun; cl. Blue Light)
Blue Light, a screw powder tug, was launched 27 February 1864 by Portsmouth Navy Yard. She served as an ordnance tug at Boston Navy Yard until laying up there in 1870; yard tug at Washington Navy Yard, 1871-73; and yard tug at New London, Conn., 1874-75. She laid up at New London 1875-79 and was sold at Great Neck, N. Y., 27 September 1883.