From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
To flow smoothly and easily.
(SwStr: t. 232; a. 2 32-pdrs., 4 24-pdr. how.)
The second Glide was a wooden sidewheeler built at Murraysville, Va., in 1863 and purchased 30 November 1863 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by Rear Admiral Porter. She was converted to Navy use and sent to New Orleans for duty with the Western Gulf Blockading Squadron, Acting Ens. L. S. Fickett in command
From March 1864 to August 1865, Glide served as a blockading ship in Berwick Bay, La. During this period she made numerous short expeditions in the bayous surrounding the bay, suppressing guerrilla activity and capturing small blockade runners. Glide decommissioned 1 August 1865 and was sold at public auction at New Orleans 12 August to J. W. Young. Returning to merchant service, Glide was destroyed by an explosion on 1 January 1869 near New Orleans.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)