From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Abraham is a masculine proper name.
(SwStr: T. 800)
Abraham, a side-wheel steamer, was captured under the name Victoria 6 June 1862. She was used as a store ship for the Mississippi Squadron, participating in the blockade of Vicksburg. Her name was changed to Abraham 15 October 1862.
Placed under the command of Acting Ensign W. Wagner, 7 February 1863, Abraham went to Cairo, Ill., and later to Mound City, Ill., for use as a Wharf and Inspection Boat. She was sold 3 September 1865.
Transcribed by: epm
Date: 24 Apr 1999