From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 966: dp. 20; l. 52'; b. 15'7"; dr. 3'; s. 9 k.; a. 1 mg.)
Hebe, a small motor boat, was built by George Bishop Patchogue, Long Island, N.Y., in 1912; leased by the Navy 19 May 1917 from her owner, Edwin Thorne, of New York City; and commissioned 1 August 1917 at Brooklyn Navy Yard, Ens. W. L. Suydam, Jr., USNRF, in command.
Assigned to section patrol duties with the 3d Naval District, Hebe, based at Sayville, N.Y., cruised in the Great South Bay and Fire Island region of southern Long Island until returned to her original owner 14 December 1918.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)