From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 952; l. 25'; b. 6'; dr. 20"; s. 35 k.)
Itty E. (SP-952), a fast open motor boat, was built in 1916 by Murray and Tregurtha, South Boston, Mass.; acquired July 1917 from her owner, F. H. Rawson of Chicago.
Assigned to the 1st Naval District, Itty E. did yeoman service during the months before the war as a fast rescue boat at the Boston Naval Air Station. She was transferred to Norfolk 20 October 1917, but saw little service beceause [sic; because] of the need for extensive engine repairs. After her engine was burned in a fire ashore in July 1918, Itty E. was taken to the Washington Navy Yard in October 1918, and scrapped in 1920.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)