From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former names retained.
(SP - 810: t. 42; l. 75'; b. 15'; dr. 4'6", s. 12½ k.; cpl. 11; a. 2 1-pdrs., 1 mg.)
The second Itasca, a wooden motor boat built in 1908 by Stamford Motor Construction Co., Stamford, Conn. was taken over by the Navy from Mr. Henry Henke at Norfolk, Va., 10 August 1917; and commissioned 8 days later, Chief Machinist Mate R. P. Comstock in command.
Itasca served as a hospital boat in waters near Norfolk until 26 February 1919 when she was returned to her owner.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)