From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
(SP - 692: l. 45'; b. 10'; dr. 3'; s. 20 k.; cpl. 5; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 mg.)
Jaydee III (SP-692), was built by the Matthews Boat Co., in 1916, and acquired by the Navy from her owners, R. Talbot, J. C. Wright, Howard Wilson, and Irving Chapin, of Lincoln, Nebr., in June 1917. She commissioned soon thereafter, at Detroit, Mich., Ens. P. Springer in command.
The motor boat was assigned to the 9th, 10th, and 11th Naval Districts, based at Detroit. She served as a patrol craft and traffic regulator on the Detroit River until being returned to her owner 7 March 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)