From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 650: dp. 5; l. 63'; b. 8'; dr. 3'; s. 26 k.)
Hupa, a wooden motor boat, was built by George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Mass., in 1905; was acquired by the Navy from her owner, L. T. Carey of Boston in June 1917; and commissioned 10 July 1917 at Boston.
Assigned to the 1st Naval District, Hupa served as a patrol craft in Cape Cod Bay and Cape Cod Canal, based at Provincetown, Mass. She was struck from the Navy List 25 October 1919 and offered for sale, finally being sold to the Hyde Engineering Works of Montreal, Canada 12 March 1920.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)