From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
George F. Pierce
A former name retained.
(SP - 648: t. 252; l. 121'3"; b. 24'; dr. 8'; s. 12 k.)
George F. Pierce, a wooden passenger and freight steamer, was built by William G. Abbot in 1914; purchased by the Navy from the Milford and Philadelphia Freight Line Co., Philadelphia; and delivered at the Philadelphia Navy Yard 1 February 1918. She served the 4th Naval District as a passenger and supply boat in the Philadelphia area until decommissioning at Philadelphia Navy Yard 17 March 1922. George F. Pierce was sold to L. N. Hearn, Milford, Del., 5 June 1922.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)