From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A river in Pennsylvania emptying into the Susquehanna.
(SP - 602: t. 142; l. 139'6"; b. 17'; dr. 6'; s. 17 k.; a. 1 3-pdr., 1 1-pdr., 2 mg.)
The second Juniata (SP-602), a motor yacht, was built in 1911 by Robert Jacobs, City Island, N.Y., and acquired by the Navy 1 June 1917 from her owner, G. W. Elkins, of Philadelphia. She commissioned at Philadelphia Navy Yard 1 June, Lt. (j.g.) W. G. Morse, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 4th Naval District, Juniata was based at Lewes, Del. She performed patrol duties in Delaware Bay until decommissioning 13 July 1918 and was returned to her owner 25 July 1918.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)