From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 600: b. 13'; s. 12 k.; a. 1 1-pdr.; 1 3-pdr.)
Gurkha was built in 1915 by Britt Brothers of West Lynn, Mass.; acquired from her owner, Willoughby H. Stuart of Boston on 21 April 1917; and commissioned 22 May. Gurkha served as a coastal and harbor patrol boat at Portland, Maine, until 25 June 1919 when she was transferred to the Coast Guard.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)