From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
The first Gypsy retained a merchant name.
(SP - 55: dp. 22; l. 61'; b. 10'3"; dr. 3'6"; s. 11 k.)
Gypsy, a motor boat, was built by George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Mass., in 1912, and was acquired by the Navy 11 May 1917 for use as a section patrol boat. Assigned to the 1st Naval District, she burned while being fitted out 20 June 1917, and was struck from the Navy List 23 November 1917.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)