From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
John B. Hinton
A former name retained.
(SP - 485: t. 309; l. 160'; b. 23'9"; dr. 14'; s. 12 k.; a. 2 3", 2 mg.)
John B. Hinton (SP-485), a steam fishing vessel, was butlit [sic; built] in 1912 by E. J. Tull, Pocomoke City, Md.; acquired from her owners, Seaboard Oil & Guano Co., Reedsville [sic; Reedville], Va., and commissioned 10 August 1917.
John B. Hinton sailed to France soon after commissioning and served as a minesweeper during and after World War 1. She decommissioned 8 September 1919 at Brest, France, and was sold to the Union d'Entreprises Marocaines, Casablanca, French Morocco.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)