From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A breed of tall, slender, swift hound with a narrow pointed head.
(SP - 437: l. 40'; b. 9'; dr. 2'3"; s. 18 k.; a. 1 1-pdr.)
Greyhound (SP-437) was built in 1916 by Great Lakes Boat Building Corp., Milwaukee, Wis.; and purchased from Mrs. Ida W. Seybert 20 June 1917 at Key West, Fla.
Assigned to section patrol in the 7th Naval District, Greyhound cruised in Tampa Bay and served as a Key West Harbor patrol boat, until her sale 2 July 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)