From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 403: dp. 178; l. 120'; b. 20'4"; dr. 7'3"; s. 10 k.; a. 1 1-pdr.)
Helen Euphane, a Menhaden fishing boat, was built by E. J. Tull, Pocomoke City, Md., in 1902; purchased from her owners, Eubank Tankard Co., Kilmarnock, Va., 23 May 1917; and delivered 5 June 1917. Her first commanding officer was Lt. (j.g.) Rowland G. Foster, USNRF.
Assigned to the 5th Naval District as a minesweeper and patrol boat, Helen Euphane, based at Norfolk, operated in Hampton Roads and lower Chesapeake Bay until she was sold back to her original owners 15 April 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)