From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 385: dp. 254; l. 150'; b. 24'; dr. 9'; s. 12 k.; a. 1 3")
Henlopen, a wooden fishing vessel, was built in 1912 by W. G. Abbott of Milford, Del. She was acquired from her owner, James W. Elwell & Co., New York City, and commissioned 26 January 1918.
Henlopen was only retained by the Navy for a short time, being transferred 27 March 1918 at New York to France for use as a tug and minesweeper.
[Transcriber's note: Named Renard Bleu, she served the French Navy at Dunkirk until sold 1 July 1921.]
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)