From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Merchant name retained.
(SP - 3294: t. 34; l. 62'10"; b. 16'; dr. 4'; s. 11 k.)
Hopkins (SP-3294), merchant name retained, was launched by Hahnes Co., Portsmouth, Va., in 1917. She was purchased by the Navy from Hopkins Fish and Oyster Co., Norfolk, and placed in service 3 October 1918.
Hopkins was attached to the 5th Naval District for harbor duties at Norfolk. Following the close of war she transferred to the War Department 4 March 1920.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)