From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SchBar: t. 160; l. 91' (b.p.); b. 30'7"; dr. 10')
Henry Seymour (SP-3225), a wooden schooner barge, was built in 1890 by A. C. Brown, Staten Island, N.Y.; purchased by the Navy from her owner, Merritt & Chapman Co., New York City, in 1918; taken over 22 September 1918; and commissioned 18 October 1918. Assigned to the 3d Naval District, she operated out of New York harbor as a salvage barge. She decommissioned 15 May 1919 and was sold by the Navy the same day.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)