From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
The first Hurst (SP-3196) retained her merchant name.
(SP - 3196: dp. 17; l. 62'7"; b. 12'8"; dr. 5'; s. 15 k.)
Hurst, a motor boat, was built by W. F. Dunn, of Norfolk, Va., in 1918 and was acquired by the Navy from her owner, T. C. Hurst, of Norfolk, 22 August 1918. She commissioned the same day, Boatswain's Mate 2/c Raymond Cash in command.
Hurst was assigned as a passenger and dispatch boat under the 5th Naval District and served the District Supervisor, NOTS, at Hampton Roads until being turned over to the Public Health Service, Department of the Treasury, 15 November 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)