From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A merchant name retained.
(SP - 292: t. 33; l. 74'; b. 12'; dr. 4'6"; s. 12 k.; a. 2 3-pdr. )
Glendoveer (SP-292) was built in 1907 by Jahncke Navigation Co., New Orleans, and was purchased by the Navy from her former owner, Ernest L. Jahncke, 3 May 1917. Glendoveer commissioned 9 May 1917 at New Orleans, Boatswain Jacob Hansen, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 8th Naval District as a patrol craft, Glendoveer served in Pensacola Harbor, New Orleans, and Biloxi, Miss. as section patrol boat and inspection boat for merchant craft. Her duties included occasional use as a mail boat and even rescue missions. She responded to a distress call from a seaplane lost in the fog off Pensacola 14 February 1918 and succeeded in towing it into the safety of the harbor.
Glendoveer continued her patrolling duties until she decommissioned 8 February 1919 at New Orleans. She was struck from the Navy List 17 June 1919 and sold to Charles DeLerno 2 September 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)