From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 2584: dp. 30; l. 83'6"; b. 11'6"; dr. 5'6"; s. 13 k.)
Hydraulic, a steam yacht, was built by A. C. Brown Shipbuilding Co., Tottenville, N.Y., and was acquired from her owner Max Zickel of Hoboken, N.J., on a bare boat basis 29 May 1918. She commissioned 17 August 1918, Chief Quartermaster R. F. Supper in command.
Hydraulic was assigned to the 3d Naval District, and served in New York harbor throughout her commissioned career. Her duties included patrolling, transportation of passengers, and relieving port guards on neutral ships in the harbor. The yacht was returned to her owner 23 January 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)