From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 216: dp. 48; l. 75'4"; b. 14'5"; dr. 5'; s. 10 k.)
Hyac, a yacht, was built in 1915 by Weckler Boat Co., Chicago, and was acquired from her owner, W. M. Derby, of Chicago, in 1917. Commissioned 5 July 1917, her first Commanding Officer was Lt. W. M. Derby, USNRF.
Assigned to the 9th, 10th, and 11th Naval Districts, Hyac served as a patrol boat on the Great Lakes between Chicago and Sault Ste. Marie, based at Chicago, until returned to her owner 26 November 1918.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)