From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Isle of Surry
(SP - 1860: t. 38; l.60'; b.17'6"; dr. 6'; s.10 k.)
Isle of Surry (SP-1860), a wooden freight boat, was built in 1911 at Crittenden, Va.; acquired by the Navy 18 September 1917 from C. W. Warren of Smithfield, Va. Her first commanding officer was Boatswain Hoffman.
Isle of Surry was ideally suited for small freight service in the Hampton Roads area, and carried out this service all during her career. In addition to carrying supplies to varied activities around Norfolk, the motor boat operated on the upper Chesapeake Bay as far north as Baltimore. She decommissioned 31 January 1919 at Norfolk and was returned to her owner.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)